About the Inbody 570
The InBody 570 measures and analyses an individuals body composition in terms of water, fat, protein, muscle, bone mineral and much more. The device is so accurate that it can determine the weight of lean muscle tissue in each limb, the amount of percent body fat, bone mineral content, as well as a host of other valuable information.Why is this important?
Total body weight alone is not a clear indication of a person's overall health as it does not distinguish the amount of fat or lean weight the body body is fundamentally comprised of. In the picture shown, the different women have the same body weight yet their percent body fat ranges from 20 up to 40 percent.How accurate is this test?
Gone are the days of swinging off our clients arms and legs trying to get a pinch of fat for the skinfold calipers or using cheap tanita scales. The InBody 570 uses electrical impedance of three different frequencies to test five body segments and provide sectional obesity, muscular mass and body water data. Additionally, this technology has been scientifically verified to to be 98.4% as accurate as the DEXA scan without any exposure to radiation.
What will I know with this scan?
What Indicators come with knowing this information?
- Total body water
- Skeletal muscle mass
- Body fat mass
- Percent Body Fat
- Inbody Score
- What is your ideal (target) weight, what you need to eat and how to train to get there.
- Obesity Evaluation
- Body balance
- Segmental Fat analysis - where you hold fat, what you need to train to change it.
- Intracellular water
- Extracellular water
- Basal Metabolic Rate: BMR is the minimal amount of energy you require to sustain vital function whilst at rest. This also indicates how much energy (to the calorie) your body requires to lose weight, gain muscle or maintain your weight.
- Visceral Fat
- Bone mineral content
- Body Cell Mass
- Arm circumference
- Arm muscle circumference
Being so accurate, its important that you follow these guidelines before your scan:
Caution should be taken if you are:
- DO NOT exercise or eat before your scan
- Have an empty bladder
- DO NOT shower or use a sauna prior as heat and sweat can alter the conductivity of the body
- Wear comfortable clothing, removing anything metal from your body including zippers, belts and jewellery
- Breast augmentation
- Irremovable piercings
- Metal plates, pins and screws
- metal prosthetic joints
- Pacemaker, defibrillator or nerve stimulator
- IT IS NOT ADVISED TO SCAN IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR HAVE A PACEMAKER